Forgot Password?

Report issues

Home · Groups · Suggest · Report issues

DOS Gamer Group Message

GeeTee 6,734
DOS Gamer Pro
Location: Australia
Member Since: 10th Jun 2008

Posted - Friday, 30th September 2022 - 15:54
I think it might be better if there were a separate and dedicated way to report issues, either with a specific game (eg wrong name, won't run, crashes etc) or indeed with some website feature.

I've been doing this off and on with a few games using the game comments section, and it's kind of annoying that those comments then show up in the global DOS Gamer Feed. It's not very confidence-inspiring to see a whole series of "this is not working" and "this is the wrong game" comments in that feed.

Perhaps a separate "report an issue" button on game pages would help keep some of that out of the main feed.

In terms of reporting issues with the site or site features, perhaps a separate "Report Issues" group would do the trick.

CyberAxe 887
DOS Gamer Staff
Location: Ukraine
Member Since: 5th May 2000

Posted - Saturday, 1st October 2022 - 01:49
I never thought about those comments in the feed.. I read the comments in bulk, (a lot of spam gets flagged for manual review/deletion)

I will also be able to mark as completed, with a notification and thanks back to the reporter easier than having to reply fixed to each comment.

I will try and add this soon. Thanks for the idea and perspective from a users point of view. Thumbs Up

CyberAxe 887
DOS Gamer Staff
Location: Ukraine
Member Since: 5th May 2000

Posted - Saturday, 1st October 2022 - 13:23
In terms of reporting issues with the site or site features, perhaps a separate "Report Issues" group would do the trick....

Just added a bugs group.

I'm working on a full reporting tool for game pages, just need a few more 'report reasons'

So far I have

  • Not Loading
  • Download file is corrupted
  • Details incorrect
  • Not Running
  • Not Loading
  • Sound Issues
  • Wrong review
If you can think of any more, please add to the list.

GeeTee 6,734
DOS Gamer Pro
Location: Australia
Member Since: 10th Jun 2008

Posted - Sunday, 2nd October 2022 - 02:48
Some suggestions:
  • Runs too fast / too slow
  • Download incorrect / missing
  • Crashes
Maybe also "Copyright issue / takedown request"?

CyberAxe 887
DOS Gamer Staff
Location: Ukraine
Member Since: 5th May 2000

Posted - Tuesday, 4th October 2022 - 01:36
I also think a time delay before report can be made 1 min is the minimum is a good idea, a least for guests and low karma users. I suspect a lot of not loading reports would most likely be related to ad blockers, bandwidth, cpu power etc.

If the game is loaded then it's more likely to be credible.

CyberAxe 887
DOS Gamer Staff
Location: Ukraine
Member Since: 5th May 2000

Posted - Tuesday, 4th October 2022 - 01:40
  • runtime file missing gwbasic etc
  • copy protection  (code from manual) but comments would be best for that ?
  • date/y2k problem

CyberAxe 887
DOS Gamer Staff
Location: Ukraine
Member Since: 5th May 2000

Posted - Sunday, 16th October 2022 - 02:27
This proved to be one of the more difficult suggestions, but it is now finished.
Look for the 'bug icon' button under the games details and click to reveal a 'file bug report form'

This is multi platform, DOS, NES and Flash (and can be used for future new platforms Wink)

You earn a karma point for a bug post. Handshake

Bonus: If any bugs have been reported, the count is displayed.

This is marked as completed however there area few improvements coming Thumbs Up

Reply to Report issues

You need to log in to post a reply.