DOS Gamer US @tucduv

Search For :
Search for all Words
Match any of the words

Search Group :

Don't have an account ? Register

Forgot Password?

Emulation speed controls

Home · Groups · Suggest · Emulation speed controls

DOS Gamer Group Message

GeeTee 6,734
DOS Gamer Pro
Location: Australia
Member Since: 10th Jun 2008

Posted - Sunday, 18th December 2022 - 04:09
I think the biggest barrier to entry for the older dosgames is incorrect emulation speed. I suspect dosgamer.com uses the auto cycles setting for all games and this is usually way too fast for many early games.

Of course it's simple to press ctrl+f11 and ctrl+f12 to adjust the emulation speed if you know about it, however I think it would be more friendly to add two buttons to the page to increase and decrease emulation speed, if possible.

A stretch goal might be to add controls to switch the cycles mode between auto, fixed and max, and also to display the current cycles value.

Reply to Emulation speed controls

You need to log in to post a reply.