DOS Gamer US @egpuibon

Search For :
Search for all Words
Match any of the words

Search Group :

Don't have an account ? Register

Forgot Password?

Update Ratings

Home · Groups · Suggest · Update Ratings

DOS Gamer Group Message

GeeTee 6,734
DOS Gamer Pro
Location: Australia
Member Since: 10th Jun 2008

Posted - Thursday, 19th January 2023 - 10:05
Any chance of being able to edit/update ratings that we've already submitted?

CyberAxe 887
DOS Gamer Staff
Location: Ukraine
Member Since: 5th May 2000

Posted - Thursday, 19th January 2023 - 10:20
Unfortunately not. The old data was saved in a different format.

I could use your existing like data to apply a fixed level of votes to each game.

i.e. a like could be a 5 star vote?

GeeTee 6,734
DOS Gamer Pro
Location: Australia
Member Since: 10th Jun 2008

Posted - Thursday, 19th January 2023 - 10:44
No I mean ratings that were submitted since the reset. The site seems to remember what I rated a certain game, so surely it should be possible to change my vote?

One the other point however, I think you can't call a like a 5 star vote, it would have to be something more like an average vote, like a 3 star. But all this does is concentrate all the votes around whatever value you choose, making it nearly impossible for future ratings to have any impact on the overall rating.

But yeah, I'm talking about being able to change a rating I've made after the recent ratings reset.

CyberAxe 887
DOS Gamer Staff
Location: Ukraine
Member Since: 5th May 2000

Posted - Thursday, 19th January 2023 - 11:26
Ah yes, they are saved in your cookies.

I think I might be able to import them after all.

Let me code up a page that can extract them ...

CyberAxe 887
DOS Gamer Staff
Location: Ukraine
Member Since: 5th May 2000

Posted - Thursday, 19th January 2023 - 11:45
There is a solution in your inbox!

GeeTee 6,734
DOS Gamer Pro
Location: Australia
Member Since: 10th Jun 2008

Posted - Thursday, 19th January 2023 - 12:11
:very_excite:

Reply to Update Ratings

You need to log in to post a reply.